- It is sometimes more convenient to substitute an ingredient than it is to go out and purchase the necessary ingredient.
- When substituting ingredients, take into account the differences in taste, moisture content, texture and weight.
- When substituting for sugar and flour, consider the differences in sweetening and thickening power.
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of all ingredients.
- Measuring accurately will help avoid disappointment.
Tbsp = tablespoon
oz = ounce
lb = pound