Profile

My photo
I love to knit,crochet and read.My mil taught me to crochet.I am a self taught knitter.

Wednesday, April 3

Southern Pecan Pie


I found this recipe on mommys kitchen.It looked so easy and delicious.I had to make it.Well it is in the oven as we speak.Will post a pic of mine when it gets done.The only thing I added different than what was listed was about 2 tbsp brown sugar for a little more color,because I used clear corn syrup.I actually am making 2 of them.1 for today and one for tomorrow(christmas).Can't wait until it gets done.I have other pecan pie recipes.But this just caught my eye.Check out her site.She has so many recipes.Great site.

Southern Pecan Pie

1/2 - cup sugar
1/4 - cup butter (softened)
1 - cup corn syrup
(or replace with moonshine or cane syrup)
1/4 - tsp salt
1 1/2 - tsp vanilla
3 - eggs
1 to 1 1/2 - cups pecans
1 - 9-inch deep dish pie shell (unbaked)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream (mix) the sugar and butter well in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix again. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each. Stir in pecans (save a few to place on top of pie after cooking). Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust. Bake in preheated oven until top is brown and pie set (about 45 minutes). Toothpick stuck in center of pie should come out almost dry.

*Tip: Be sure to mix ingredients well. Otherwise the pie may not set up. You can use chopped pecans or whole. Store in the refrigerator. May be reheated in microwave before serving (about 15 sec).

http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2009/07/old-fashioned-favorite-southern-pecan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest